30th International Advent & Christmas Choral Festival and Competition in Prague, with Petr Eben’s prize
- December 01, 2022 to December 04, 2022
- République Tchèque, Prague
Deadline registration: 09.09.2022
Enjoy Prague and all its glory by attending the 30th International Advent & Christmas Music Festival and Competition, traditionally held on the first weekend of Advent in Prague. Open to amateurs choirs (Men, Women, Mixed and Children choirs), it is the oldest and most traditional Advent festival in Europe in cooperation with the Czech Choral Union. The festival takes place in the exceptional setting of the city of Prague.
Choirs must present a program of Advent and Christmas Songs according to their own choice, either A Cappella or with instrumental accompaniement.
Choirs that include a composition of Petr Eben will also be judged in the Petr Eben Prize Competition.
A category “without competition” is intended for choirs who would not like to perform for the competition ; they will not be evaluated.
The Competition, Jury and Petr Eben Prize:
The Competition will be evaluated by an expert jury composed of renowned personalities from Czech of foreign countries and according to the following criteria:
- Choice of compositions and program structure
- Technical level of interpretation
- General artistic impression
A special Jury Prize will be awarded for the best performance (arrangement, vocal qualities, conduct, etc.) The winners will receive prizes. Petr Eben’s prize will be awarded independently of the other results for the best performance of his composition.
As part of the festival programme, there will be a common song of all the participating choirs in the historic Old Town Square, where Christmas and Advent songs and a composition by Professor Petr Eben, especially composed for this occasion, will be sung.
Participants will have the following program:
- Official meeting of representatives of choirs and organizers with representatives of the city of Prague at the Old Town Hall – Friday
- Concert of the choirs participating in the Competition – Friday & Saturday
- Public Concerts outdoor in Prague – Friday & Saturday
- Joint Concert of all participating choirs in the Old Town Square – Saturday
- Final evening of Festival with awarding of prizes, Grand Prix competition – Saturday
- The marionette Opera, a performance of a black theater or a cruise river – Friday
- Additional tour of Prague or any extension of stay
- Open-air public shows in Prague – Friday & Saturday
Standard program (subject to variation according to the needs of the organization of the event):
Arrival by your own in Prague and accommodation in your bedrooms.
Breakfast at hotel.
Morning, walking guided tour of Prague.
Lunchtime by your own.
Afternoon, Official meeting with the representatives of the choirs at the Old Town Hall.
Breakfast at hotel.
Morning, Outdoor concert on a Christmas market on the Old Tow Square. Common song.
Lunchtime at your own.
Sunday: Prague – way back home
Breakfast at hotel. Check out and departure of the choir. End of our services.
Our other proposals
Sing Berlin! International Competition & Festival
Verona, International Days of Choral Song, Competition & Festival, Italy
International Slovakia Cantat Competition & Festival in Bratislava, Slovakia
3rd edition Competition & Festival Fun & Music in Florence, Italy
International Choir & Music Competition & Festival “Laurea Mundi” in Budapest, Hungary
10th International Competition & Festival for Choirs and Orchestras in Florence, Italy
International Competition & Festival of Advent & Christmas Choral & Music, Bratislava, Slovakia
International Choral Competition & Festival « Golden Voices » in Montserrat & Barcelone, Spain